We had an ArcGIS LiDAR processing toolbox since April 2012 and now we have one for QGIS as well. It has been tested successfully with QGIS 1.8.0-Lisboa, 2.0.1-Dufour, 2.2.0-Valmiera, and 2.4.0-Chugiak. Download and install QGIS. For version 2.2.0-Valmiera and older follow all the steps. Do not delete or copy any files for the newest version 2.4.0-Chugiak but skip directly to step 4 and disregard most of step 6:
- If you already started QGIS then exit the application.
- Delete (or rename) the entire folder “C:Program FilesQGIS Valmieraappsqgispythonpluginsprocessinglidar”.
- Put the “.lidar” folder that is inside this ZIP file into its place. This ZIP file only works for QGIS 2.2.0-Valmiera. For QGIS 2.0.1-Dufour you need to use the contents of this ZIP file instead. And for QGIS 1.8.0-Lisboa use this ZIP file and delete the folder “C:UsersMartin.qgispythonpluginssextantelidar” instead.
- Get the most recent version of LAStools by downloading the 20 MB “lastools.zip” file.
- Drag and drop (or extract) the “.lastools” folder from…
View original post 199 more words